Thursday, October 20, 2005

A "Different" Kind of Mommy

In preparation for Halloween, I bought Valerie an orange pumpkin t-shirt, a "spooky" black t-shirt, orange leopard print pants and black candy corn pants. As predicted, she loves showing spirit for nearly any special holiday and wore the clothing with much enthusiasm.

Recently, I picked her up from school and asked if her teachers appreciated her Halloween "spirit".

Valerie responded, "Yes, mommy. My teachers really like my Halloween clothes!"

So I prodded, "Do the other children wear Halloween clothes, too?"

Valerie assured me, "No mommy. The other kids' mommies don't let them wear Halloween clothes."

Oh, I thought. Well, too bad for the other kids.

Valerie continued, "See mom, you're a DIFFERENT KIND of mommy."

I couldn't help but ask, "Am I a different GOOD kind of mommy or different BAD kind of mommy?" Did I really want to know the answer to that question? Perhaps I shouldn't have asked.

But, she nodded and rolled her eyes, "Mom, you're a GOOD kind of mommy. I LOVE wearing Halloween outfits!"

Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment