Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Who's a Baby?

Dagny has a friend who's going to have a baby sister in a couple of weeks, if not sooner. As I explain to both of my girls this fact, Dagny always assures me, "Mommy, I a baby."

I assume, she is trying to enforce the fact that, indeed, she is the baby of the California Haim clan.

I indulge her when she announces such facts, "Yes Dagny, you are my baby!"

Dagny repeats more loudly, "Mommy, I A BABY!"

Me: I know Dagny, you are the baby of our family. You are the youngest in our family.

Dagny (smiling): I A BABY!

Me: But honey, did you know that real little babies don't get to eat pizza?

Pause.

Me: Did you know that babies don't get to eat candy at Halloween?

Dagny (her resolve slipping a bit): I a baby....

Me: Did you know that babies don't get to go to school?

Pause.

Dagny (emphatically): I A BIG GIRL!

No comments:

Post a Comment