Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Basis of Need

Teacup has begun to compare notes with her schoolmates.

When she returned home from school earlier this week, she announced that her buddy, Alisha, received more gifts from the Easter Bunny than she did.

Quick on the draw, I responded that the Easter Bunny brings kids things based on their individual needs. Aside from too many jelly beans and too much chocolate, this year, Teacup and Scooter received new swimsuits, beach towels, flip-flops and a small toy in their Easter baskets. I assured her that she received the items she needed to start the summer.

Letting that sink into her noodle, she paused. Then, she asked, "Why does Alisha need more than one kite? I need a kite, too!"

I'm having trouble keeping up with the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny antics. What am I going to do when Santa comes around again in eight months?

No comments:

Post a Comment