Wednesday, April 6, 2005

Chinese Food & A Taco

Having scheduled a play date today, I knew I wouldn't be able to prepare dinner in a timely way. So, much to the kids delight, we ordered Chinese take-out.

While eating...

VV: I LOVE Chinese food! My favorite is this (pointing)!
Me: Yep, Mongolian beef is pretty tasty and you're doing a great job eating, honey.
VV: (chewing) Mommy, the taco is almost in my tummy.
Me: The taco? What taco? Where did you get a taco? I thought we were having Chinese food tonight.
VV: (Pointing to her mouth) My taco's in my mouth! (Duh, mom!)
Me: But we're having Chinese food! Tacos are Mexican food, silly goose! We didn't order take-out Mexican tonight.
VV: (Surprised by her error) Oh right... it's Mongoloid beef. I LIKE IT!
Me: Yep, Mongoloid beef sure is tasty.

It was enough to realize we weren't eating tacos or Mexican food, tonight. I'll wait on the proper pronunciations of the food as soon as we're sure that tacos aren't included with our Chinese take-out.

If we have tacos tomorrow night, do you think it will REALLY confuse things?

No comments:

Post a Comment