Tuesday, February 22, 2005

It's All About Teamwork

Tonight the girls were taking a bath like any other night. They played around in the tub while I straightened up their bedroom and put away the clean laundry. As always, we were running behind schedule. By the time I was ready to wash their hair and bodies, they were ready to help....

Valerie: "Mommy, I want the shampoo. I'll wash Dagny's hair and she can wash mine." Said with a sweet voice & a dimpled grin that could kill. Yes, she was using her noggin!

And that's what happened. With shampoo and suds enveloping their palms and arms crisscrossed, they scrubbed each other's scalps.

Valerie: "Look mommy, we're doing teamwork."
Me: "Yes honey, it's all about teamwork."

So, we went to bed a little late tonight & they will be tired for school in the morning. I guess life IS about teamwork. It was nice to see them get along so nicely.

As my parents always taught me, you should learn something new every day. The kids learned about teamwork & I learned to follow the kids' lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment