Saturday, August 20, 2005

Stalking Moon

Last night, I took Valerie to a dinner playdate with a future classmate to get the acquainted prior to the start of school.

On the way home, it was dark. A beautiful, big moon hung above the horizon.

We quietly drove. Half-way home I assumed Valerie had fallen asleep. But, she quietly asked, "Why is the moon following us?"

On the one hand I considered getting into the Big Bang Theory. Instead I answered, "Honey, there is one moon and everyone on earth sees the same moon. Your cousin Abby sees the same moon we see."

"Why?"

Better question, why to I keep setting myself up for these imploring questions?

I responded, "Well, let's ask daddy when we get home!"

Whether Ken answers any of the questions his children ask or not, I'm setting him up to be the smartest man on earth by encouraging my children to believe he knows everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment