Monday, August 1, 2005

Go! Go! Go!

I took a blog hiatus last month. I guess summer does that to "at-home" moms. Even though Valerie has spent some time at camp, Dagny seems to require much more attention of late.

For example, if we spend more than a couple of hours at the house, as I try to put away groceries, do laundry, or other typical household chores, Dagny will reach her breaking point awfully quickly. See, after an hour or so of doing what she views as "nothing" she grows bored. Independently, she will open the door to the garage, stand by the car-door near her carseat and scream, "Go! Go! Go! Go!" until I physically place her in the car and drive somewhere. I've gone so far as to drive around the block. But pulling back into the driveway, she immediately returns to her tirade. There's no tricking this child....

Thank goodness Dagny has been accepted into a preschool program starting in September. Apparently, I'm not a very good entertainer unless I chauffeur her to an off-site location. September 6th is the date of blast-off. We've started to countdown... Just 35 more days and the teachers can entertain her twice a week for a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment