Wednesday, September 28, 2005

No Sweets Before Dinner

I recently made brownies. After cooking them and cutting them into bite-size pieces, I left them to cool on the stove.

Later, as I prepared dinner, Ken kept me company. I noticed him hanging around the stove area.

At one point the kids joined us in the kitchen. All of a sudden they yelled, "I WANT ONE, TOO!"

I looked up from what I was working on. I thought, what could they possible want or need right before dinner?

Ken guiltily looked at me and showed me his mouth full of brownie crumbs.

So, glaring at him with a little smirk, I said, "Way to set an example for your children, DAD."

He defended himself, "Well, at least everyone knows that I'm going to eat my entire dinner."

Like, they understand.....

No comments:

Post a Comment