Friday, February 24, 2006

Tiny Cracks

Only moments ago, I discovered my youngest daughter pushing her lunch into a tiny crevice in one of our kitchen chairs.

Developmentally, she is at that exploratory learn-about-my-surroundings stage. Perhaps a child psychologist would tell me how wonderful it is that she's learning about spacial relationships in our world.

All I can see is how she shoved pasta particles from her soup into an unreachable spot. These small pasta bits dissolve as easily as stale crackers turn to dust. It will be impossible to clean. Could a dog help to lick it out of such a tight spot? Will it take years before it hardens and falls to the ground in specs unseen by the naked eye?

Some parents may be more lenient, but they don't live in this house. That move was just plan disgusting. So, Scooter, please, PLEASE don't do that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment