Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Loud Laundry

During a recent visit from the in-laws, my mother-in-law remarked how loud the dryer seemed. I agreed, but assumed the immense clatter resulted from the metal hooks of Dagny's overalls clanging against the heated metal cylindrical interior of the dryer.

Until I peaked inside.

I discovered rocks. Apparently, I've in the practice of washing rocks because it's not the first time I've uncovered pebbles in my laundry facilities. My kids, with their compulsion for collecting gravel, stuff their pockets full of stones. Subsequently, they neglect to empty their coat compartments prior to dumping their soiled garments into the hamper.

Admittedly, I'm partly responsible. Any good mother checks the pockets of incoming dirty laundry, right? As far as I'm concerned, moms who have the time to check the pockets of each article of clothing prior to entry into the laundry just have too much time on their hands. Or, perhaps, I'm just less detail-oriented than they are.

Either way, I'd take rocks over crayons any day. With many things related to motherhood, it could always be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment