Monday, June 6, 2005

Juice

Having run out of 4-oz Juicy Juice boxes that the kids drink for breakfast this morning, I poured each of them small cups of my beverage of choice, Tropicana orange juice.

Over the last few days, the girls claim to love my daily serving of orange juice and fight over who gets to drink from my cup first. Since becoming a mother, there is no such thing as my having personal belongings. As the saying goes, "What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine." So true, in our household.

Sitting at the breakfast table, they each scrunched their nose at their personal cups full of orange juice.

Dagny stated, "Don't like it!"

Valerie claimed, "This doesn't taste good, mom!"

I offered, "Do you want to drink my orange juice instead?"

In unison, "YES! Your orange juice is better!"

So, I drank their cups in exchange for their sharing my glass.

After a few minutes, I interjected, "Do you realize that each cup of juice came from the same juice container? We're all drinking the SAME juice - just in different cups."

No response - they just looked at me and smiled.

Ain't that something to ponder....

No comments:

Post a Comment