Sunday, May 8, 2005

THAT Was NOT Chocolate!

A while back, I posted a story about Dagny walking around the house with a piece of chocolate that may or may not have been ingested. ("Don't Mess With A Girl & Her Chocolate" posted March 21, 2005). I can report thus far that I have not come across the chocolate in question and can quite confidently conclude that it was, in fact, eaten.

This morning, I wish I had discovered that piece of chocolate. Instead, I found something entirely different.

My view is that Dagny is not quite ready to independently interpret her bowel and bladder functions. Conversely, she seems to believe she is ready to survive without diapers. Perhaps, she even dreams about the day when she will graduate to the exciting world of character-featured panties.

This morning, as Ken and I read the paper and drank our coffee, Dagny desired to run around the kitchen disrobed and diaper-free. For kicks, I brought her little potty into the kitchen and explained how it works. I even demonstrated the potty process with her new potty training baby doll. She spent most of the time, ascending and descending her personal potty, while glancing at her new baby sitting on it's potty.

As I engrossed myself into the one article I was given the opportunity to read, Dagny disappeared from the kitchen. I quickly finished the article and discovered her in the messy toy room. When I explained that if she leaves the kitchen, she MUST wear a diaper. Dagny exclaimed, "I poopy!" And I thought, okay, let's quickly get you into a diaper! Little did I know what she really meant.

A while later (I guess a passage of about 30 minutes), I decided to start some laundry. Entering the laundry room (which neighbors the toy room), the stench tickling my nose nearly knocked me off my feet. No wonder, neither of my children could be found in the toy room. Among the toy-covered floor, I found a few turds.

I regret sending Ken to the YMCA for some pick-up basketball. Despite having cleaned it up, please hurry back!

This will certainly be a memorable Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment