Monday, May 9, 2005

A Typical Tantrum

I realize it's hard to be two years old. There are so many activities, so many demands on your time, so little control, so few words to express all the frustrations in the world.

Maybe it was the rain that ticked off little two-year-old Dagny this morning.

Maybe she had little interest in accompanying me to the post office.

Or maybe she was just plain tired.

Dagny, I informed you of the necessary post office stop in advance. But the choice was clear: either put on your shoes and come with me into the post office or stay in the car. The option was entirely yours. I avoided dragging you to five or six necessary errands that required completion today. I only took you to the post office and it was the beginning of a VERY difficult day.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

But remember, no shirt, no shoes, no service. Going forward, if you don't wear your shoes, you will have to stay in the car. And hopefully, the nice policeman will understand my parental predicament and refrain from turning me into family services.

So, if good old' mom suddenly disappears from your good life, please remember that I was only doing what I thought was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment