Friday, November 4, 2005

Birthday Wishes

Today was my birthday.

At one point, I told my girls so and asked them if they wanted to wish me a happy birthday.

Pausing at the news, Dagny announced, "Mommy, I two and a half!" I was pleased that she understood the association of age and birthdays.

On the other hand, Valerie explained that she was too tired to wish me a happy birthday.

I responded, singing, "Nobody likes me. Everybody hates me. Guess I'll go eat worms."

That certainly created a rise out of my eldest daughter. "Ewe, mom. Worms are SOOO gross!"

I waited a few moments and informed her that on her next birthday, I was NOT going to wish her well, since she can't seem to be nice to her mother on her special day.

At this unexpected news, Valerie flatly stated, "Then I guess I'll go play with bugs, too."

In the end, Valerie came through by picking some flowers in the garden to honor my special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment