Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Honey, Where's the..... My Head?

I've succumb to the slow and steady depletion of wrinkles in my brain. I imagine my cerebrum appears more and more like a cue ball, round and smooth. Certainly, I'm not happy about this development, I just seem to lack control over the slow, steady ooze of brainpower depletion. So, embracing the glass-is-half-full attitude, I've opted to accept the facts.

In my daily rush to get out the door, I packed into a Ziploc baggy the uneaten plain mini-bagel with cream cheese from Scooter's breakfast. She begs for snacks when I take her to Child Watch at the YMCA while I sweat and get a mental grip on life. I don't work out because I actually like my appearance in spandex, I do it so that I can eat more treats (six Girl Scout Cookies last night) and maintain some mental sanity.

In my rush to prepare breakfast, supervise getting dressed, make Teacup's lunch, load up her backpack, and get out the door, I managed to misplace the uneaten mini-bagel smothered with cream cheese in a Ziploc baggy.

Desperate to find it, but more to convince myself that I wasn't losing my mind, I searched the refrigerator, garbage, pantry, laundry room, family room, backpack, and bread-box.

It's a day later and I still haven't found it!

Eventually, it's turn up. When it reappears, will it be located by sight or smell?

When losing your mind, do the senses start to deteriorate, too? I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment