Wednesday, March 1, 2006

The Tell

I've finally decoded "the tell", as it's called in poker. Phil Gordon taught me that.

It's not that my youngest is trying to bluff. She is often too busy to take the time to dispose of normal bodily functions in a socially acceptable manner.

It's clear as day to me, now.

In Scooter's case, she suddenly appears like the speed tablets she swallowed have kicked-in and she runs in place on her tip-toes. Some kids' "tell" appears when they place their hand on their privates while crossing their legs. It's certain to be number two when they turn quiet, hide in a corner, seem focused on a particular toy and stick-out their rump. If not caught in time, you'll hear grunting.

Regardless, when "the tell" appears, running their naked bottom to the toilet before a downpour of urine runs down the legs and pools on the floor becomes an Olympic sport.

Now that I know "the tell", I just have to react quickly and quietly because I have seconds, not minutes, to spring into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment