Monday, April 11, 2005

Moving To and Fro

The kids are not huge TV watchers, but I broke down and took them to a Wiggles concert on Saturday evening.

Wiggles

Valerie has heard of the Wiggles. At her age, who hasn't right? But this was a first Wiggles experience ever for Dagny. Valerie warmed up to the excitement within about 15 minutes. Dagny seemed most attracted to the diehard beer-guzzling mom and grandma sitting next to us. Their children seemed comatose and less than interested in the Wiggles, but the mother-grandmother duo belted out each tot-tune at the top of their lungs and flailed their arms like monkeys at the zoo. Even I remember more details about our nearby rowdy neighbors than the Australian performers. I've never been to such a wild concert in my life - who knew the Wiggles could do this to people?

Anyway, from the moment we arrived, Valerie announced her intentions of purchasing some Wiggles paraphernalia. In the hopes of forgetting her desired Wiggles acquisition, I focused on the concert and promised something after the show. BIG MISTAKE! Kids don't forget. Why can't I seem to remember this little fact at important times like this?

We survived the show, only for Valerie to remind us of the Wiggles flashlight she so desperately needed. Of course, Dagny chimed in her need for a flashlight, also. So, what did I do? I broke down and purchased these:

Wiggles

I believe these were used in the car ride home. Since Saturday night, the insisted-upon $15-a-piece hunks-o-junk have been sitting in my kitchen.

I wonder if I could recoup any of the cash outlay if I sold them on ebay.

Please remind me of this incident the next time I take the kids to an event like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment