Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Two Chickens

Tonight at dinner, we ate a Swanger family favorite - breaded chicken and mushrooms covered with melted muenster cheese. The girls ate quite well. During dinner, I almost choked from laughing as we discussed the chicken....

Me: This chicken is yummy, eh?
Valerie: Yes - it's yummy. Can you see I'm going a good job?
Me: Yep. So, what do chicken say?
Valerie: Bauk, bauk bauk!
Me: Where to chicken live?
Valerie: On the farm...
Me: What comes from chicken?
Valerie: Eggs!
Me: Good job! What do chicken eat?
Valerie: Hey, there are TWO chickens - there are animal chickens and chickens that you EAT!
Me: Well, it turns out-

And I was interrupted by Ken, who suggested we wait a little while longer before telling her these chickens are one and the same. It was all I could do, to keep from choking on my own mouth full of chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment