Thursday, March 24, 2005

Don't Mess It Up

I've started a new hobby. A couple of weeks ago I learned to knit. Admittedly, I'm not such a crafty person, but I gave it a go. After making several mistakes on my first go-around, I successfully knitted an adult scarf. During the process of making the first scarf, Valerie persistently pestered me to make her the next one. I promised that the next one would be hers and even took her to JoAnn's so she could pick her own yarn. Of course, it HAD to be pink!

In the process of making the scarf, Valerie announced, "Mommy, if you mess it up, I'm not going to wear it!" Being that she's not even four years old, I was a little taken aback.

Fortunately, I had my wits about me & retorted, "That's okay, I'll just give it to Dagny."

She waited a brief moment, focusing on the sibling rivalry between she and her sister and responded with, "Oh, I'm just kidding mommy. I guess I'll wear it anyway...."

So, this morning, the scarf was finished and waiting for her at the breakfast table. You can see it hanging from the coat rack in the picture below. I like to call it the "Bubblegum scarf."

VV Scarf

She saw it, smiled, and said, "Mommy, GOOD JOB! Thank you SOOO much! I love it! Can I have a big hug & kiss?"

She made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment