Wednesday, March 2, 2005

New Game: The Balance Beam

Today, I decided to provide the girls with a little downtime. Somewhere and somehow, I've been hearing people tout the importance and benefits of downtime for young children. So, I decided to oblige them & let my kids play by themselves this afternoon, structuring no activities & hoping that I would not have to intervene too often.

So, while I took a shower, VV and Dags decided to play in the bathroom. In the final stages of getting myself together, I noticed that the head cushions for the master bathroom whirlpool bathtub were lying on the floor in a line.

VV announced, "Dagny! Let's play Balance Beam!"
Dagny appeared interested and ready to learn how it works.
VV states: "Okay you watch and I'll walk across the bathtub cushions and hold out my arms. See, I can do it without falling off!"

Quick, quick.... check the patents! Call Hasbro! That's a keeper....

Okay... I will admit. She comes from a stunted genetic pool. I distinctly recall my brother, sister and myself playing the classic Run-Around-The-Blanket game, a fine choice for downtime! At least it tuckered us out pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment