Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Monsters.... live HERE?

This morning, getting ready for school, Valerie and I shared the following conversation:

Me: Valerie, go upstairs and find some socks, so we can get to school on-time.
Valerie: (Smiling) Okay, mommy (and she ran away)

I heard a drawer slam and footsteps running through the hallway.

Valerie: (exasperated) Mommy, did you know there are MONSTERS upstairs?
Me: Really! Are you sure?
Valerie: (with big eyes) Yes, I'm sure. There are MONSTERS up there!
Me: Are they friendly monsters?
Valerie: (pensively) I don't know..... but I think they're MEAN!
Me: Well, they MUST be friendly monsters because we don't ALLOW the mean ones into the house.
Valerie: I think they're MEAN MONSTERS....
Me: No, Daddy is a tough guy right?
Valerie: Yeah....
Me: Daddy doesn't LET the mean monsters into the house. Daddy is tougher than any monster in the universe. So, it's definitely the nice monsters upstairs. I'm betting that OUR monsters are friends with Elmo and Cookie Monster. What do you think?

VV had moved onto the next task at hand....

No comments:

Post a Comment