Friday, March 11, 2005

Peas & Popsicles

Preparing dinner while speaking to my mother on the telephone this evening, I turned around to discover this on my kitchen table:

Peas

On the bright side, Valerie ate her entire dinner and received a much-deserved popsicle. Sadly, Dagny, did not eat her dinner and consequently screamed as she watched her big sister eat her reward.

So, with Dagny, we are working on the concept of if you do x, then you get y. Using tonight as an example, "if you eat your dinner, you can have a popsicle." Clearly, we have wood to chop.

As daddy arrived home later, Valerie announced her good fortune from dinner, "Daddy, I got a popsicle because I have a red tongue." So, with Valerie we are also working on the concept of cause and effect.

It appears VV & Dags each ate a fair amount of peas and corn this evening. It's always a work-in-progress, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment